Home Insurance is made up of Buildings and Contents Insurance, which can be purchased individually or together. Neither policy is a legal requirement, however it’s important to consider whether you need or want to cover your property and/or belongings. You are usually required to obtain Buildings Insurance depending on your mortgage or loan provider – this is worth checking with them.

Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property and replacing any permanent fixtures, following damage caused by instances such as weather, fire, subsidence or flood.

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance covers your possessions against instances such as fire, theft, flood and malicious damage. Contents are normally described as the items you would take with you, if you were to move house, including furniture, personal items and valuables.

There are a number of optional extras you can add to your Buildings or Contents Insurance including:

  • Legal expenses cover – To cover the legal costs in case you are involved in a dispute.
  • Cover away from the home – Insure the items you take out and about against theft, loss and accidental damage.
  • Accidental damage cover – Upgrade your policy to include accidental damage cover to protect your contents and your home.
  • Home emergency – By adding home emergency cover, you’ll get protection against the loss of essential services. 

Financial calculators and helpful guides

Financial calculators

Our mortgage calculators are there to help you get your head around all the figures.

Helpful guides

Sometimes we can get inquisitive and want to know more so here are some guides to help you.


Protecting your future is always a great idea. Please feel free to contact us for details.

Stamp duty

You must always factor in stamp duty when considering how much deposit you need to buy a house.


We are a friendly, helpful team of expert advisors and would love to assist you.